Late Day Ritual for 2020 Vision toward Fulfillment in the New Year
At the end of your work day or during your evening
Set aside a moment for quiet – This is a moment for you to be still and quiet the mind. It can be less than 60 seconds.
- You can anchor yourself in this quiet by listening to your breathing and engaging your senses; notice what you see and hear, feel yourself sitting or standing. What physical sensations are you experiencing?
- Be still and allow thoughts to float by. For this moment you do not have to interact or do anything. You can remember that you are a Human Being not a human doing.
Reflect on Your Day –
- Use the 3Ws – What Went Well today? You’ll identify some things you appreciate about your current life. Express this appreciation by saying it aloud or in a journal. This sets you in a positive and constructive mindset.
- Then notice what else stands out from your day. If there is something you could have handled better, briefly acknowledge it. Then make a plan or ask yourself a question that can help you to do better tomorrow. This is an acknowledgement and not an opportunity for rumination and anxiety.
- Making a plan or asking questions is a way for you to recognize that you can grow and improve.
Send Good Wishes to Others – This is like adding names to the prayer list.
- When you send out good wishes, you add positive energy to your life and to others. Naming people beyond your day to day life and family members, even those you may not like, expands your positive influence.
- You might challenge yourself to identify people from different aspects of your life on different days. This can keep it fresh and reduce pressure to include everyone at once.
For Fulfillment in the New Year, contact me.
Improving well-being for professionals through coaching.
If you like this post please share. If you’re not yet on my list, please sign up at HeartofWellBeing.com to receive articles regularly.