The focus is on you, your well-being and what you want to achieve. Dina works with a variety of professionals, her special interest is coaching for healthcare professionals. Over the course of time working together clients re-balance and re-engage so they can live with joy and make the difference they desire.
How is coaching with Heart of Well-Being done?
- Coaching with Heart of Well Being is usually done over the phone, with 2 – 4 sessions a month, each one being approximately 50 minutes. We explore what is important to you, tap into your strengths and motivations, deal with obstacles and develop a plan which will meet your goals. Even though it may be strange at first to only meet on the phone, I will be there with you, compassionately looking at what works and what doesn’t in your life, cheering you on, acknowledging what motivates you and occasionally pushing you with a challenge.
- We start with a Discovery session which may be longer than a regular session, or take place over several sessions. During this time, I’ll learn about you, your values, challenges and desired outcomes. At this time, we’ll design a plan of how you want to work together. This plan is flexible and will be modified as necessary.
- Each coaching session is customized specifically for your unique situation
Who is coaching for?
Heart of Well Being especially enjoys coaching for healthcare professionals, nurses and physicians in particular, who are losing enthusiasm, moving toward or at burnout. Heart of Well Being focuses on empowering you to lead a fulfilling life in which you are aware of and able to make choices.
- Coaching is for people who want to have more control, as well as more flow in their lives
- Coaching is for people who want to meet their life goals and may need a little more motivation, courage, personalized planning and accountability
- Coaching is for people who want to live a life of importance and meaning
What is the time frame for coaching?
- Sessions are typically 50 minutes, with some variation depending on what you need at the time.
- Appointments are generally on a weekly or every other week schedule. Individual schedules are based on what meets your needs.
- An initial free consultation session is available to get a sense of how we would work together. Then a 4 session minimum commitment is required. Over this time awareness increases and steps for change have begun.Three months allows more time to establish new patterns, then moving from there a six month package has a deeper effect, allowing many of life’s obstacles to have come up and be dealt with or overcome. Heart of Well Being promotes your growth from challenges and keeps your vision and goals in mind. Coaching is future oriented. While changes may begin as soon as the first session, it often takes 6 months to a year to make the kinds of sustainable changes my clients are looking for.
What happens each session?
- Sessions begin for clients when you fill in the check-in form which focuses you on accomplishments, challenges and what you want from the upcoming coaching session.
- During each session, I’ll check in with you as to what is going on with you right then. There is follow up on the response to the homework and inquiry you may have had from the last session; what you have learned along the way as well as the report of what you have done. Then onto a topic of the your choice, exploring what you might want in relationship to this topic, and developing a plan which moves you closer to your goals. We may wander from the topic but we will come back to it prior to the end of the session. The questions which come up in coaching may or may not have immediate answers. Often, they do not have a right or wrong answer. They are used to increase awareness, so that a plan can be individualized.
- A variety of concepts, models and principles drawn from the behavioral sciences, literature, spiritual traditions and/or the arts and humanities, may be incorporated into the coaching conversation. These are used to increase self-awareness and awareness of others, foster shifts in perspective, promote fresh insights, and provide new frameworks for looking at opportunities and challenges. These questions, tools and techniques are used to energize and inspire you to move toward your goals.
- At the end of the session there is usually homework which is assigned by the client and coach together. Homework involves clear and defined actions that you will take to get you closer to where you want to be. In addition, you may be given an inquiry to ponder and explore between sessions.
What happens between sessions?
- You are doing the homework, which keeps you connected to the process and moves you toward your overall goal; or you are not doing the homework and get to learn from that as well.
- You have the opportunity to think about the questions, asked during the coaching session, as well as the inquiry. These inquiries provide a way to increase awareness and provoke reflection; they have multiple answers, no one or two of which are “right.”
- As clients work with me, follow through on homework, and explore inquiries, changes begin to happen. You’ll become more courageous, go about life with more awareness of who you are and how you want to be in the world. You’ll have more of a sense of choice about what you are doing, and thus be more empowered to make decisions.
What about Confidentiality?
- Everything we talk about is completely confidential.
- All conversations regarding a client require that the client be present on the phone or in person.
How can I determine if Coaching is right for me?
- Are you willing to make changes in your life?
- Are you ready to shift your focus to your strengths and what is meaningful to you?
- Are you prepared to work towards your goals?
- Are you enthusiastic about making progress and letting go of whatever is holding you back?
- Do you feel collaboration, accountability and new perspectives will help you become unstuck?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions then Coaching is right for you!
For those who are experiencing deep depression, are addicted to alcohol, a substance or behavior, or are in an abusive situation, whether physical or emotional, coaching is recommended as an additional support for moving forward in your life. Coaching with Heart of Well Being cannot be the exclusive way for dealing with these issues.