Using your strengths every day is a way to increase your energy, make an impact and enjoy life more. You can use strengths to overcome burnout and move to well-being.
The three hallmark signs of burnout are:
- Exhaustion, especially emotional exhaustion
- Depersonalization – insensitive and callous toward patient and family concerns; referring to patients as diagnoses rather than by name all the way to being sarcastic or bullying
- Low self-value – diminished sense of self-worth and feeling like what you do has little impact
According to research done by VIA Institute on Character, people who use their strengths every day are
- 3x more likely to report having an excellent quality of life
- 6 x more likely to be engaged at work
What are character strengths? Valued qualities that have been found across cultures and time that lead to a meaningful life. VIA has identified 24 character strengths which exist in varying degrees and varying relationship to one another for each of us. Every person has a unique combination of these 24 strengths. Building on your strengths has a lasting impact on happiness and well-being.
Take the VIA survey to find out your strengths. You can get information from the website on how to integrate your strengths into your daily life. Contact me to develop a personal plan and have accountability to implement it. Our discussions will help you to overcome some obstacles and also see the impact.
Take advantage of your character strengths to become a happier better version of you. To bring more of your strengths to empower your life, contact me.
Revitalize Your Life,
Dina, Well-Being Coach
If you like this post and know others who may benefit from it, please share. If you’re not yet on my list, please sign up at HeartofWellBeing.com to receive articles regularly.